- Johnson & Johnson wanted to understand why shoppers buy “Travel & Trial” products.
- Johnson & Johnson had extensive market data on “Travel & Trial” shoppers, but wanted to understand both the consumer and purchase decision. They selected Instore Research’s “Point of Decision” methodology to achieve this .
- Instore Research collaborated with some of the largest retailers in the world (and J&J’s partners) to gain access to the purchase decision and utilize the “Point of Decision” methodology on J&J’s behalf.
- Instore Research was able to identify key aspects of the shopping behaviour that drove switching behaviour
- Significant increase in “Travel & Trial” sales both for J&J and their retail partners.
- Identified critical new product concepts that will drive future growth